Terms and Conditions for 50 MillionFaces.Org
These Terms and Conditions are for 50MillionFaces.org. By accessing, viewing, posting or otherwise using any content on or available through 50MillionFaces.org, you unconditionally accept these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should not access, view, post, or otherwise use content on or available through 50MillionFaces.org.
- You understand that 50MillionFaces.org is the website page for the “50 Million Faces” social media campaign being run by Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH). We cannot respond to every comment posted by users; nor can we offer medical advice, diagnosis or treatment via this site. If you have a question about your specific medical condition, you should contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare professional. If you are in the U.S. and experiencing a medical emergency, call 911. If you are outside of the U.S., go to your nearest emergency room or call for an ambulance.
- We encourage your posts and comments in social media channels maintained by BWH, including at 50MillionFaces.org. To help protect your privacy, you should consider carefully before posting personal medical information to the Internet. Please remember your posts and comments are publicly available for all to see.
- BWH reserves the right to moderate or delete comments on its Facebook page, including at 50MillionFaces.org, that are abusive or off topic or that contain foul or abusive language, spam or advertisements for commercial products. Disagreements and feedback/criticism are welcome, but mutual respect is a must.
- Use of BWH social media does not create a physician-patient relationship with any BWH medical professional. BWH social media is made available with the understanding that the content and service providers are not engaged in rendering medical, health, psychological or any other kind of personal professional services through these sites. You should consult with a medical, health or other competent professional before taking any action or drawing any inferences based upon the information accessed or viewed through BWH social media, including 50MillionsFaces.org; any action taken by you in response to information obtained from such a social media channels is at your discretion. Nothing read on any BWH social media should be relied upon to replace or overrule a licensed health care professional’s judgment or clinical diagnosis.
- Neither BWH nor its content or service providers guarantee or warrant 50MillionFaces.org against errors, defects, delays, omissions, interruptions or losses, including losses of data; files downloaded from BWH’s Facebook page, including from 50MillionFace.org, are not warranted or guaranteed to be free of viruses, bugs, worms or other such destructive properties.
- You grant to BWH the irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) and right (i) to reproduce, publish, distribute and display content you submit through 50MillionFaces.org, (ii) to create derivative works from the content you submit through 50MillionFaces.org, (iii) to edit, modify or delete content you submit through 50MillionFaces.org, and (iv) to use for any BWH purpose content you submit through 50MillionFaces.org.
- You are responsible for content submitted to any social media site, including Facebook and 50MillionFaces.org. You may not submit any material or content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. You agree that you will not violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including those related to copyright and other intellectual property rights. You further agree that you will not submit any information that (i) is disruptive, threatening, abusive, profane, harassing, embarrassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, hateful or racially, ethnically or is otherwise objectionable as solely determined by BWH or (ii) contains any product or service advertisements or endorsements.
- You may not make any commercial use of any BWH social media or any content, code, data or materials on or available through BWH social media. Users may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, perform, broadcast, create derivative works, sell or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on or available through BWH social media. You also agree not to alter, edit, delete, remove or otherwise modify the meaning, appearance or purpose of any content, code, data or materials on or available through BWH social media, including, but not limited to, altering, obscuring or removing any trademarks, trade names, logos or other proprietary rights notices.
- BWH reserves the right to edit, modify, remove or delete any content or other information or materials submitted by you.
- BWH also reserves the right to monitor, restrict, block, suspend or discontinue your access to BWH social media, at any time, with or without advance notice, and for any reason or no reason at all.
- BWH may, without any liability to you, disclose your communications and activities with BWH social media in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of BWH rights.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold BWH and its content providers and service providers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising in any way from your use of or access to BWH social media. BWH reserves the right, at its sole expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with BWH’s defense of such claim.
- BWH may suspend, change or discontinue any aspect of BWH social media at any time.
- BWH SOCIAL MEDIA, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH BWH SOCIAL MEDIA, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, DISPLAYABILITY, ACCURACY, PRECISION, CORRECTNESS, THOROUGHNESS, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND BWH HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED.
- YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. BWH DOES NOT WARRANT OR SAFEGUARD AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS ATTEMPTS TO INTERCEPT OR COMPROMISE USER INFORMATION POSTED TO BWH SOCIAL MEDIA OR SENT OVER THE INTERNET.
- IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL BWH, OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, BWH SOCIAL MEDIA OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION RELATED THERETO, YOUR PROVISION OF INFORMATION VIA BWH SOCIAL MEDIA, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE.
- Any dispute, claim or action related to your use, viewing, posting or access to BWH social media shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles.
- BWH RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND, MODIFY OR UPDATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE. Changes will be effective when posted. Your continued use of BWH social media after such changes to the Terms and Conditions are posted constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- If any term, condition or provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of the Terms and Conditions.
This page was last modified on 4/27/2015