“The Division seeks to define and promote the science, practice, and professional development of humanitarian emergency response worldwide."
The Division of International Emergency Medicine and Humanitarian Programs (DIEMHP), Department of Emergency Medicine, comprises faculty, fellows, and staff with programmatic interests in international health, education and research. The Division seeks to improve access to health services in the world's most stressed populations.
- Primary objectives are focused on advancing field programs, building capacity for international health research, and developing educational programs relating to international health, development, and humanitarian assistance.
- Promote wide interest and collaboration in international health programs throughout the Harvard-affiliated Hospitals, Harvard School of Public Health and the Harvard Medical School.
- Provide progressive international health education programs to students, residents, fellows and faculty.
- Support participation of international field programs and medical outreach in undeveloped and scarce environments.
- Encourage an aggressive program for research in root cause issues in international health and health systems.
This page was last modified on 7/27/2016