BRIGHAM AND WOMEN'S PHYSICIAN GROUP provides comprehensive adult medical care. Located at Brigham and Women's Ambulatory Care Center in Chestnut Hill, the internal medicine physician group provides health screening, comprehensive diagnostic work-ups, treatment and long-term care. Outpatient laboratory, radiology and specialty services are available on site.
When inpatient care is required, patients are admitted to BWH and Brigham and Women's Hospital Faulkner. All physicians on staff at the Brigham and Women's Physician Group are fully board certified and full-time clinical faculty of Harvard Medical School. A full-time nursing and medical assistant staff works closely with the doctors at the site providing health educational information to patients and assisting directly in patient care and coordination of services.
Seasonal Flu Vaccine Update
The Brigham and Women's Physician Group is anticipating having ample supply of seasonal flu vaccine (beginning the last week of October). This year's seasonal vaccine includes protection from H1N1; a separate vaccine for H1N1 is not needed this year.
While all adults are eligible to receive the vaccine, The CDC and Massachusetts Department of Public Health especially recommend vaccinating the following HIGH RISK PATIENT GROUPS:
- Pregnant and post-partum women
- Household contacts of women in their 3rd trimester
- Persons who live with or provide care for infants aged <6 months (e.g., parents, siblings, and daycare providers)
- Patients age 6 months to 24 years
- Patients age 25-64 with any of the following comorbidities:
- Patients with asthma and other chronic pulmonary diseases
- Cardiovascular disease (except hypertension)
- Renal disease
- Liver disease
- Aspiration risk due to cognitive, neurologic, or neuromuscular disease
- Metabolic disorders (including diabetes mellitus)
- Immunosuppression (including chemotherapy, HIV, hematologic disease)
Please note: You must be a patient of ours to receive the flu vaccine from us.
If you have a scheduled appointment (non-urgent) in our practice, you will be offered the opportunity to receive a flu vaccine at that time. If you do not have an appointment, please feel free to contact the practice to schedule a time to receive the vaccine from our nursing staff.
BPG Physicians and Staff
Send Feedback to: BPGWEB
This page was last modified on 10/18/2012