Learn more about our world-class Boston hand surgeons at Brigham and Women's Hospital.View More Info »
Patients looking for a Boston hand surgeon can find world-class, comprehensive care at the Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Hand and Upper Extremity Service in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. Patients coming to the Hand and Upper Extremity Service for treatment can see a Boston hand specialist for a broad range of medical conditions, including fractures, ligament disruptions, tendinitis, sports injuries, arthritis, entrapment neuropathies, Dupuytren's Disease, and traumatic disorders.
Every Boston hand surgeon at BWH works closely with orthopaedic surgery, physiatry, rheumatology, and rehabilitation specialists to provide state-of-the-art evaluation and treatment, and to deliver orthopaedic care with the expertise and innovation that patients in the Boston area and patients across the country have come to expect.
Services offered by a Boston hand surgeon at BWHFind A Doctor »
Patients may see a hand surgeon at BWH for a variety of conditions and services, including:
- Sports related injuries – our sports medicine specialists treat injuries in high school, college and adult amateur athletes.
- Arthritis – a hand surgeon may work with colleagues in the Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy to treat arthritis in the hand, as well as the upper extremity. Surgical procedures may include tendon transfers and joint replacements.
- Entrapment neuropathy, or repetitive stress injuries – a BWH hand surgeon may use minimally invasive techniques to perform carpal tunnel surgery as well as procedures to treat cubicle tunnel syndrome and radial tunnel syndrome.
- Rehabilitation – patients work with highly trained and certified occupational and physical therapists to improve movement and dexterity after an injury or disease.
- Post-traumatic or traumatic reconstruction – procedures include joint replacements for traumatic arthritis, removal of heterotopic bone, tendon transfers, joint releases for contractures, and nerve reconstructions.
- Performing arts-related conditions and injuries – musicians from around the world may consult a hand surgeon as part of a collaboration with the Department of Neurology's Performing Arts Clinic to treat entrapment neuropathy and other performance-related condition.
Find a Boston hand surgeon at BWH.
Patients seeking a Boston hand surgeon may consult the Find a Doctor tool on the Brigham and Women's website. Here you may search by name for a specific hand surgeon in Boston and surrounding communities. You may also search for physicians who specialize in specific conditions such as arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's disease, and other conditions requiring a hand surgeon. You may also use the tool to search for a Boston foot doctor, for treatment of impingement and other orthopaedic issues, and to find physicians who can treat a broad range of other medical conditions.Learn more about our world-class Boston hand surgeons at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
This page was last modified on 9/16/2016