The Cytopathology Division provides diagnosis of exfoliative and aspiration cytology specimens using cytologic methods, supplemented in selected circumstances by immunocytochemical, flow cytometric, cytogenetic, and molecular genetic evaluation. The Cytology Laboratory also offers a fine-needle aspiration biopsy service, with biopsies performed using palpation and ultrasound guidance Monday through Friday during working hours.
The Circulating Tumor Cell Lab, a subdivision of Cytopathology, provides services for enumerating and capturing circulating tumor cells (CTC).
- Edmund S. Cibas, MD, Director
- Jeffrey F. Krane, MD, PhD, Associate Director
- Christopher A. French, MD
- Eleonora G. Galvanek, MD
- Monica L. Hollowell, MD
- Vickie Y. Jo, MD
- Alarice C. Lowe, MD, Director, Circulating Tumor Cell Laboratory
- Xiaohua Qian, MD, PhD
- Lisa A. Teot, MD
- Marina Vivero, MD
- Tad J. Wieczorek, MD
- Janet Cronin Moran, SCT (ASCP), Technical Director
- Nicholas Hoover, CT (ASCP), Cytotechnologist Supervisor
- Natialie M. Constantine, CT (ASCP)
- Kristen DeRobbio, CT (ASCP), Teaching Coordinator
- Kesse Kesse Oi, CT (ASCP)
- Travis White, CT (ASCP)
Consultations / Referrals
Information on consultations/second opinions can be found here.
Information on Cytopathology Fellowship can be found here.
This page was last modified on 12/1/2016