The Division accepts cases for formal consultation on a fee-for-service basis. Please be sure to include a completed BWH Pathology Consultation form.
Samples Requiring Gross Examination or Tissue Processing:
- Samples may be sent in formalin fixative at any time via BWH Lab Control.
- Samples may hand delivered (with or without formalin fixative) to our Tissue Processing Room (Amory AL.368H) Monday - Friday from 7:30 am to 5 pm.
- Operating Room or Urgent Consultations can be requested at any time by contacting the on-call resident at 617.732.7536.
- Please call 617.732.7530 for issues regarding courier services.
- Please include a BWH Pathology Requisition form.
Glass Slide Consultation:
- Please send well-packaged glass slides and, if appropriate, tissue blocks to Women's and Perinatal Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115.
- Please indicate if consultation from a specific staff member is requested. We honor such requests whenever possible.
- Please enclose a cover letter, patient insurance information, and a BWH Pathology Requisition form signed by the referring physician.
- We do accept requests for perinatal autopsies, but be advised that we require additional documentation. Please call 617.732.7530 for additional information.
This page was last modified on 9/18/2015