The Clinical Chemistry Laboratory performs a wide variety of routine and STAT laboratory testing of analyses in serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and other body fluids. The majority of our tests are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are performed using automated chemistry analyzers which employ a combination of optical, electrochemical, enzymatic and immunoassay-based methodologies.
Additionally, advanced chemistry tests are a performed using a variety of techniques including mass spectrometry and electrophoresis based methods from Monday to Friday, 7 am – 5 pm.
Our specific services include:
- STAT and routine serum chemistries including electrolyte testing, liver function tests, cardiac enzyme testing, lipid testing, anemia-related studies, thyroid function and other endocrine studies
- Blood gas and oximetry
- Serological testing for HIV
- Therapeutic drug monitoring for immunosuppressants
- Monoclonal antibody testing using nephelometry, and serum/urine protein electrophoresis
- Urine chemistry and toxicology
Chemistry Residency Training
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Chemistry laboratory, please contact Gail Kinchla, technical director, at 617.732.8387.
This page was last modified on 6/15/2016