The Clinical Hematology Laboratory performs a wide variety of basic and advanced hematology testing on whole blood, serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluids and other body fluids.
Routine hematology and coagulation testing is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Additionally, advanced hematological tests are a performed using a variety of techniques including flow cytometry and electrophoresis based methods and are available from Monday to Friday, 7 am – 5 pm.
Specific areas include:
- Routine hematology testing including complete blood count, blood differential, smear morphology and bone marrow staining
- Routine coagulation testing (PT and PTT)
- Advanced hematology testing including flow cytometry testing for lymphomas, leukemias, plasma cell neoplasms, systemic mastocytosis, paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria and other lymphoproliferative disorders
- Hemoglobin electrophoresis
- Advanced coagulation testing including hypercoagulability studies, coagulation factor and inhibitor studies, platelet antibody and aggregation, antiphospholipid antibody testing, ristocetin titration and others
- Urinalysis, body fluid analysis and cell counts
Clinical Hematology Faculty
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Hematology laboratory, please contact Patricia Senna, technical director, at 617.732.5369.
This page was last modified on 6/15/2016