Learn more about Endometrial Cancer Treatment at Brigham and Women's Hospital.View More Info »
Endometrial cancer treatment involves a variety surgical approaches for cancer that forms in the tissues of the endometrium, the lining of the uterus. Surgery for endometrial cancer includes:
- Total hysterectomy for cancer: removes the uterus and the cervix
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy for cancer: removes both ovaries and the fallopian tubes
- Radical hysterectomy: removes the uterus, cervix and part of the vagina, and may also remove the ovaries, fallopian tubes or nearby lymph nodes
In addition to surgery, our surgeons are part of Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center, where additional therapies for endometrial cancer treatment may be used, including:
- Radiation therapy: applies radiation to kill or contain the cancer; external radiation uses a machine outside the body to direct radiation at the cancer, while internal radiation uses a radioactive substance placed inside the body near the cancer
- Hormone therapy: removes or blocks the hormones that may cause the cancer to grow
- Chemotherapy: uses drugs to kill cancer cells or to stop them from dividing and spreading
For women who want a provider of the most advanced endometrial cancer treatment, the Women's Cancers Gynecologic Oncology Division at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center provides world-class care in a state-of-the-art facility.
World-class endometrial cancer treatment at Brigham and Women's HospitalFind A Doctor »
The Gynecologic Oncology Division, part of Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, delivers expert and compassionate surgical care to women diagnosed with endometrial cancer and other gynecological cancers.
Women seeking endometrial cancer treatment at Brigham and Women's Hospital may have the option of a robotic hysterectomy through the Center for Robotic Surgery. This procedure requires only a tiny incision, allowing for quicker recovery with less pain, fewer medications and less scarring.
Click here to find out more about other services and surgical treatments available through Brigham and Women's Hospital, including cervical cancer treatment, breast cancer therapy, ovarian cancer treatment, and more.Learn more about Endometrial Cancer Treatment at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. »
This page was last modified on 4/13/2016