Liposuction is a surgical procedure that uses tiny tubes and/or lasers to remove excess fat from deposits located between the skin and muscle. Our surgical techniques help you to permanently get rid of fat from a variety of places on your body, including your stomach, back, neck, face, legs, and arms. Often, no amount of exercise can tone or firm up these trouble spots. The procedure itself is usually quick, almost completely painless, and helps you obtain that smooth, tight appearance you may have had years ago.
How is Liposuction Different from a Tummy Tuck, a Lipectomy, or Panniculectomy?
- Liposuction is a surgical procedure that uses tiny tubes and/or lasers to remove excess fat from deposits located between the skin and muscle
- A tummy tuck tightens the muscle as well as removes excess skin and fat from the mid-section
- Lipectomy removes hanging fat and skin from areas of the body such as the upper arm or thigh
- Panniculectomy removes hanging fat and skin specifically from the mid-section of the body
Is This a Good Option For You?
People with stubborn areas of fat and who exercise regularly are the best candidates for this procedure. Liposuction may be a good option if:
- You are physically healthy and at a stable weight
- You do not smoke
You have a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
What Liposuction Won't Do
Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss or an appropriate exercise program. The ideal candidate should also be participating in proper diet and exercise plans.
If you have questions, please contact us. We are always willing to help you determine if this is right for you.
Our Doctors Who Perform This Procedure
Matthew J. Carty, MD
Stephanie A. Caterson, MD
Yoon S. Chun, MD
Jessica Erdmann-Sager, MD
Elof Eriksson, MD, PhD
Eric G. Halvorson, MD
Douglas L. Helm, MD
Charles A. Hergrueter, MD
Dennis P. Orgill, MD, PhD
Bohdan Pomahac, MD
Julian J. Pribaz, MD
Christian E. Sampson, MD
Simon G. Talbot, MD
- Tummy Tuck
- Body Contouring After Major Weight Loss
- Thigh Lift
- Arm Lift
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Scar Revision
This page was last modified on 3/19/2014