Brigham and Women’s Hospital Nursing Credentialing Program
Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) Nursing Credentialing Program is part of the Center for Nursing Excellence at One Brigham Circle, 1620 Tremont Street Boston, MA. The Nurse Credentialing Program ensures that the following categories of nurses are objectively evaluated to ensure the very best care and safest environment to our staff and patients.
- Non-BWH Licensed Nurse Liaisons
- School of Nursing Faculty (both BWH and non-BWH staff)
- Other Professional Nurses who practice at BWH or require access to BWH patient records
An objective review of skill, identity, experience, and education in accordance BWH Nursing Policies and external regulatory agencies is performed. Skill competency is ensured through computer-based learning modules, classroom, and clinical orientations (when applicable).
Credentialing at BWH:
Complete a New Application form if:
- This is the first time you are requesting privileges (OR)
- You will be working for a different agency than the one you are currently credentialed with (OR)
- You will be employed by an additional agency (OR)
- You are reactivating your privileges and it has been greater than one year since your file was archived
Complete a Renewal Application if:
- You are currently credentialed, it is within 4-6 weeks prior to your birthday, AND you are will continue to work in the same capacity for the same agency
- You are requesting to reactivate your privileges as credentialed staff, employed in the same capacity and agency as your previous credentialing status, AND it is within one year of the archiving of your file
Please note: Credentialing renewing occurs annually on your birthday. Please be sure to submit renewal 4-6 weeks prior to expiration date.
Visiting Faculty Application
School of Nursing Clinical Instructor Orientation Dates
Please note our application process can take up to 4-6 weeks, please allow ample time to complete the application, schedule your Clinical Instructor Orientation and Unit Based Orientation.
Please choose one of the times offered if you are a New Clinical Instructor (New Clinical Instructor includes all first time applicants BWH and Non BWH employees). Please note your completed application is required prior to attending a Clinical Instructor Orientation (This includes BWH employees).
Please email BWHNursingCredentialing@partners.org to confirm your session. Please also note that you will be required to take our Med Math Assessment, a Med Math Study Guide is available for you to review prior to class. You only need to attend one session and should plan on being here the full time. Once you complete your Clinical Instructor Orientation, the Credentialing Administrator will inform your unit of hire that you are approved and ready for a Unit Based Orientation. Unit Based Leadership will reach out to you to set up a time prior to your arrival with your students. Once your Unit Based Orientation is completed you can bring your students to the unit. We kindly ask that you follow our process and do not go to the units on your own.
The Clinical Instructor Orientations are located at One Brigham Circle, 1620 Tremont St. Boston MA at the Center for Nursing Excellence on the 4th Floor.
Monday, August 31, 2015:3:00pm-7:00pm
Friday, September 4, 2015:8:00am-11:00am
This page was last modified on 7/15/2015