BRI Centers and Programs
The BRI includes ten disease-focused research centers and five resource-and technology-based programs that develop and support collaborative research initiatives. This infrastructure allows our diverse community of clinicians and scientists to communicate more effectively, providing numerous opportunities for them to collaborate on research aimed at curing, treating and preventing human diseases and conditions.
Research Funding Initiatives
The BRI seeded its eight original research centers with nearly $900,000 in 2005 and continues to support its centers and programs administratively and financially. In 2007, the BRI teamed up with BWH leadership, departments and the Development Office to jumpstart the Fund to Sustain Research Excellence. This program provides grants in the amount of $50,000, renewable for a second year, to our scientific investigators while they await grant approval from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
For more information on BRI funding opportunities, contact email@example.com.
The BRI sponsors events, including leadership retreats and scientific poster sessions, to enhance communication with and among its investigators. The BRI also supports several online communication projects, sometimes in collaboration with other BWH departments. Please note that some links in this section are only available to BWH and PHS employees.
- The Research Connection Email and LIVE Lunch Series: provides members of the BWH research community with weekly event and announcement information from BWH Research Administration, the Center for Clinical Investigation (CCI), and the CFDD's Office for Research Careers (ORC)
- The BWH Research Navigator (Internal Users Only): consolidates all resources relevant to research at BWH
- BWH Find a Researcher: the online directory of faculty research profiles helps scientists easily locate like-minded individuals and makes BWH science more accessible to the public, including other scientists.
- BRI Web Development Service: assists members of the research community who edit Web sites on the BWH Research Navigator and the BWH public Web site (Internal Users Only)
- BRIght Ideas: an opportunity for BWH Researchers to share BRIght Ideas and news with the BWH community and the world.
- Eureka! Innovation Intake Form: the tool created by Partners Research Ventures and Licensing (RVL) allows our investigators to receive prompt feedback about product ideas and inventions
SCIENCE IS PART OF THE CURE.
Established in 2005, the mission of the BRI is to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery by fostering groundbreaking, interdepartmental and interdisciplinary research within the hospital’s research community, as well as to provide a clear voice both within the hospital and outside its walls, for all researchers at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Cardiovascular, Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders Research Center
BWH Genomics Center
Connors-BRI Center for Research on Women's Health & Gender Biology
Infectious and Immunologic Diseases Research Center
Musculoskeletal Research Center
Neurosciences Research Center
BWH Regenerative Medicine Center
Patient-Centered Comparative Effectiveness Center
Biomedical Imaging Program
Clinical Investigation Program
This page was last modified on 4/6/2015