The contact list below is for journalists and news media only. For patient care and all other inquiries, please call at 617-732-5500 (617-732-6458 TTY/TTD); or use one of our online forms to request an appointment or find an affiliated doctor.
Communication & Public Affairs
Members of the media who require assistance after hours, on the weekends or holidays should contact a representative from Communication & Public Affairs through the hospital's 24-hour paging service at (617) 732-6660 and ask for the Public Affairs person on call.
Senior Vice President of Communication & Public Affairs
Director of Communication & Public Affairs
Manager, Media Relations
Media Relations and Social Media Specialist
Senior Research Communications Specialist
Media Relations Policy
- To effectively facilitate the requests of media reporting on news and events at BWH, BWH Communication & Public Affairs has established the following guidelines for reporters requesting information or interviews:
- Media must arrange all interviews and photo shoots with BWH staff or patients in advance through BWH Communication & Public Affairs.
- To ensure confidentiality, privacy, and appropriate sensitivity to patients and families, reporters, film crews, and photographers must always be accompanied by a BWH Communications & Public Affairs staff person while on the BWH campus.
- Unless otherwise instructed by a member of the BWH Communication & Public Affairs, members of the media will be provided complimentary parking in the media lot on Fenwood Road and Binney Street. Hospital security will remove unauthorized media and/or vehicles from the facility as necessary.
- Media will be met by BWH Communication & Public Affairs staff to receive a media parking pass for the designated lot and be escorted to the appropriate location in the hospital.
- No patient information other than a one-word condition description is made available to the media. No information will be released on patients who are not identified by name by the media.
- Patients who agree to be interviewed or filmed at the hospital must provide prior written consent to BWH Communication & Public Affairs.
Send Feedback to: BWH Media Relations
This page was last modified on 12/9/2013