Gynecologic Oncology Program
The Gynecologic Oncology Program at the Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers at Dana-Farber is committed to providing expert, compassionate care for patients with gynecologic cancers. Because gynecologic cancers can have a wide range of physical and emotional effects, we offer multi-dimensional services to strengthen mind, body, and soul for our patients and their families. You are not alone in this journey.
Whether you have been diagnosed with a gynecologic cancer or are at high risk of developing one, the specialists in the Gynecologic Oncology Program at the Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers at Dana-Farber are committed to providing the best and most personalized treatment options available, taking advantage of the full range of services of a top-ranked cancer hospital and research center.
Our physicians focus exclusively on the diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic cancers. As one of the world's leading centers for cancer treatment and research, we're able to offer diagnostic tests and therapies based on the most up-to-date scientific findings, including the latest clinical trials.
Our expertise covers all types and stages of gynecologic cancers, including:
As a patient you receive:
- A team of specialists who are among the leading experts in gynecologic cancer diagnosis and treatment and are setting guidelines for other physicians around the world.
- A comprehensive diagnosis from pathologists who are exclusively dedicated to gynecologic cancer and make thousands of diagnoses each year.
- One of the largest and most active clinical trial programs in the country, including multiple clinical trials for all types of gynecologic cancers.
- The latest options in minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgery.
- Access to new radiation treatments that preserve healthy tissue and significantly reduce side effects.
- Sexual health rehabilitation, treatment, and counseling.
- A care team that includes specialists from the Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery at Brigham and Women's Hospital, one of the premier infertility programs in the country.
- Advanced genetic tests and counseling through our Cancer Genetics and Prevention Program.
- Counseling and support programs for patients and caregivers to help you and your loved ones cope with cancer.
- Complimentary treatments that may help relieve your symptoms or side effects through the Zakim Center for Integrative Therapies.
- Access to palliative care specialists to help improve quality of life.