By using Brigham and Women's Hospital's Patient Gateway, you can safely and securely:
Reach your doctor's office -- online
Stop using the phone for routine requests
Request appointments or refills to medications
Set appointment reminders
Get accurate information about your health concerns
Patient Gateway is ideal for routine communications and notifies your regular email account when a new message arrives. It is free to registered patients, however, not for emergency or time urgent matters.
Take advantage of Patient Gateway:
- Password protected, secure access to your medical information
- All day, every day availability -- no waiting on hold, ever
- Speedy connectivity and ease of use (Patient Gateway now runs on PC and Macintosh computers using Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari browsers.)
- Prefilled forms that streamline your requests for service
- Our clinician-approved HealthWise Knowledgebase, providing the latest health information in clear, everyday language.
Things you should know about using Patient Gateway messaging:
- Your messages will be responded to during regular office hours. All requests are processed within 2 business days
- Use email for routine problems or questions
- Do not use email if you are having a medical emergency
- Do not use email if you need a reply in a very short amount of time
- Just like a phone call, your email message will be reviewed by office staff first and then sent to a doctor or nurse
- Your doctor or nurse may put copies of your email messages in your medical record
- For security and privacy reasons, you will be mailed a password, so sign up now so you will be ready to use it
- Once enrolled some email systems may block notification messages sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that your email service provider recognizes and accepts messages from Patient Gateway, enter our originating email address: email@example.com into your email address book.
Visit Patient Gateway to set up an account today by simply clicking ENROLL ONLINE or contact our office at 617-525-6500 to be set up in 3 minutes!
We invite you to join today.
All Patient Gateway services are FREE.
Send Feedback to: Alex Schwarzer, Administrator
This page was last modified on 11/29/2012