At the Center for Community Health and Health Equity (CCHHE), we believe that your health should not depend on where you were born, where you live or your economic status. To this end, we are committed to advancing systems of care, research, and community programs that elevate the health status of the communities we serve. Our programs address real life issues that can affect health outcomes among the diverse populations in Boston.
CCHHE’s commitment goes well beyond our doors and out into our local communities, serving those who need us most. We are especially committed to partnering with our neighbors in Mission Hill, Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, and Dorchester. Working together with our community health center partners, community-based organizations, and other departments at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we have successfully implemented programs aimed at reducing violence, improving birth outcomes, increasing rates of colorectal cancer screening, and advancing education opportunities for young people.
Our commitment includes:
- Addressing and reducing health care disparities
- Increasing access to care for vulnerable populations
- Expanding innovative community and school-based programs
- Fostering social and family support systems
- Improving knowledge of healthy habits and behaviors
- Enhancing educational and career opportunities
- Supporting individuals who suffer with partner abuse
Community Health Needs Assessment Reports & Implementation Plans
CCHHE FY19 Annual Report