At Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we have received many awards that illustrate our hospital’s commitment to quality and safety. Some of our most recent awards include:
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital was awarded the American Heart Association's Get With The Guidelines for Heart Failure Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award in 2019. The award recognizes BWH's commitment and success in implementing excellent care for heart failure patients according to evidence-based practice guidelines. To receive the award, BWH achieved 85% or higher adherence to all Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure Performance Achievement indicators for two or more consecutive 12-month intervals and achieved 75% or higher compliance with 6 of 10 Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure Quality Measures, which are reporting initiatives to measure quality of care.
- Brigham and Women's Hospital has consistently been ranked among America's best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. In 2021, eleven Brigham specialties achieved national rankings, with four specialties landing in the top 10: cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, gynecology, and rheumatology.
- CareChex, a hospital and health care quality rating system, has honored BWH with a 2015 CareChex® Quality Award for being ranked #1 in the Region for Medical Excellence or Patient Safety in one or more clinical categories. Recognition is given to hospitals and health systems that rank within the top 10 percent nationwide based on medical excellence, patient safety, or patient satisfaction.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital received a 2014 Outstanding Patient Experience Award from Healthgrades, a leading independent health care ratings company. The award recognizes hospitals as leaders in patient experience based on responses from the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey, which focuses on doctor and nurse communication, hospital cleanliness and noise levels, and medication and post-discharge instructions.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital was named to Harvard Pilgrim's Hospital Honor Roll for 2015. The Honor Roll recognizes adult, acute care hospitals whose performance was among the top 25 percent of those measured nationally on a set of composite quality and patient experience measures, as reported by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on Hospital Compare, and Leapfrog patient safety measures.