The BWH House Staff Council is a dedicated group of elected representatives from each training program at Brigham and Women’s that aims to better advocate for the issues we care about, foster community among programs, and represent house staff with a unified voice.
Here is a list of some of our recent accomplishments:
- Securing funding to continue an evening meal for trainees (6PM meal)
- Working with Mass General Brigham GME and Human Resources to offer a new disability insurance policy for house staff that is own-occupation, portable, offers unisex rates, and does not require medical underwriting
- Developing Consult Primers to help guide house staff as they consult peers on different services
- Advocating for issues to promote gender equity, including ordering extra-small scrubs and “Doctor” identification badges for all house staff
- Improving reporting systems for issues of professionalism, discrimination, and bias in the workforce
- Planning a MGB-wide resident appreciation event in collaboration with GME and the MGH HSC
The BWH House Staff Council is open to all residents and fellows who rotate through Brigham and Women’s Hospital. We host annual elections for representatives from each program, and all house staff are welcome to attend meetings and events.
Your voice matters! We welcome any and all feedback from trainees about how we can improve your experience. Please fill out this survey to ensure we receive your ideas, reach out to your program’s representative or reach out to us at email@example.com.