The Clinical Chemistry Laboratory performs a wide variety of routine and STAT laboratory testing of analyses in serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and other body fluids. The majority of our tests are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are performed using automated chemistry analyzers which employ a combination of optical, electrochemical, enzymatic and immunoassay-based methodologies.
Additionally, advanced chemistry tests are a performed using a variety of techniques including mass spectrometry and electrophoresis based methods from Monday to Friday, 7 am – 5 pm.
Our specific services include:
- STAT and routine serum chemistries including electrolyte testing, liver function tests, cardiac enzyme testing, lipid testing, anemia-related studies, thyroid function and other endocrine studies
- Blood gas and oximetry
- Serological testing for HIV
- Therapeutic drug monitoring for immunosuppressants
- Monoclonal antibody testing using nephelometry, and serum/urine protein electrophoresis
- Urine chemistry and toxicology