The Clinical Hematology Laboratory performs a wide variety of basic and advanced hematology testing on whole blood, serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluids and other body fluids.
Routine hematology and coagulation testing is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Additionally, advanced hematological tests are a performed using a variety of techniques including flow cytometry and electrophoresis based methods and are available from Monday to Friday, 7 am – 5 pm.
Specific areas include:
- Routine hematology testing including complete blood count, blood differential, smear morphology and bone marrow staining
- Routine coagulation testing (PT and PTT)
- Advanced hematology testing including flow cytometry testing for lymphomas, leukemias, plasma cell neoplasms, systemic mastocytosis, paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria and other lymphoproliferative disorders
- Hemoglobin electrophoresis
- Advanced coagulation testing including hypercoagulability studies, coagulation factor and inhibitor studies, platelet antibody and aggregation, antiphospholipid antibody testing, ristocetin titration and others
- Urinalysis, body fluid analysis and cell counts