The Brigham and Women's Hospital Department of Nutrition provides nutrition services both for ambulatory (walk-in) patients and for patients in our hospital.
As part of the Brigham and Women's Hospital, the Department of Nutrition is dedicated to providing the highest quality patient-focused nutrition care, to advancing the practice of clinical nutrition, and to educating future dietitians and other healthcare providers.
To become the premier center for nutrition practice by taking a leadership role in enhancing nutrition care through development of cutting-edge systems and models. We will create the highest quality of nutritional care through our commitment to patients and their families, the innovation inherent in our academic programs, and the strength of partnerships with members of the Mass General Brigham System, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard University, and our local community.
- Quality Patient Care: Delivering patient-focused, quality care is the center of everything we do.
- Teaching Excellence: We uphold the highest standards in training healthcare professionals.
- Research: We continuously seek new ways to demonstrate our leadership role in clinical nutrition studies and nutrition outcomes research.
- Customer Focus: Our focus is to serve our customers.
- Supportive Work Environment: We recognize and value the contributions of every individual. We support an environment that fosters creative thought, respect, growth, and fulfillment.
- Teamwork: We continuously strive to develop multi-factorial systems and multi-disciplinary teams for enhanced nutritional care and services.
- Embracing Change: Embracing change will help us be effective.
- Operational Efficiency: We strive for efficient and effective delivery of our services.