The Patient Family Relations team is here to advocate for the best possible outcome through collaboration with our patients and staff. We do this by; leading with curiosity and not judgement, listening with compassion and creating a safe space for patients and families to share their experiences.
We are committed to improving the patient experience by addressing all communication and quality of care concerns for the hospital and using them to learn, to remove barriers and to improve on our current processes
We strive to deliver an excellent service for our patients and staff. Our aim is to acknowledge all concerns/ feedback or complaints within 7 days and resolve all concerns in a timely manner. If you have a quality of care concern, please call 617-732-6636, email email@example.com or write to us at Patient Family Relations, Bretholtz Center, 75 Francis Street, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, 02115
We also provide a wide range of services to make the experience for you and your family at Brigham and Women’s hospital as comfortable as possible. We coordinate special service requests, including:
- Providing general information about hospital policies, procedures and services
- Addressing and documenting patient and family compliments and concerns
- Offering assistance for patients and families seeking area accommodations or community resources
- Assistance finding your way around the hospital
- Answering questions about public transportation – buses, subways and trains
- Dining information
- Travel directions to and from Boston
- Information about local points of interest
- Notary public services for hospitalized patients
- Answering questions about parking
- Lending library of reading materials and DVDs
- Business center with computers, printer, copier and fax machine
Visit us in the Bretholtz Center for Patients and Families located right behind the main reception area at the 75 Francis Street entrance to the hospital or call us at (617) 732-6636.
We are available to assist you and your family Monday through Friday, from 8am-5pm.
Phone: (617) 732-6636
Fax: (617) 582-6130
Service Coordinators: Facilitate the communication with Patient/Family Relations Specialists to follow-up on quality of care concerns. Assist families with parking and meal coupon applications. Provide hotel recommendations and local area attraction information. Help with general faxing, copying, computer questions.
Patient/Family Relations Specialists: Facilitate communication with the appropriate leadership and care team to address patient and family concerns with the quality of care the patient is receiving.