Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway is a secure and convenient online tool that allows patients to:
- View test results
- Communicate with your doctors
- Request, confirm, or cancel appointments
- Request prescription renewals
- View visit summaries
- View and pay bills online
- View your health record information
- View research and clinical trial opportunities
Currently, most primary care physicians and many specialists at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH), Dana Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI), and Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) are using Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway. If you are interested in using Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway, ask your physician if he or she is active in this program or just start the enrollment process. (The first enrollment step is to check your providers; if your provider is not listed, you can stop the process immediately.)
Visit Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway
Nurse Line, Urgent Care Video Visits and COVID-19 Screener
If you are an established Mass General Brigham patient with a primary care provider, we recommend you contact your provider’s office by phone or via Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway if you have symptoms that may indicate exposure to COVID-19 or if you believe you may have been exposed.
If you are an established Mass General Brigham patient and do not have a primary care provider – or are unable to reach them – there are other resources available to you:
- Use the Mass General Brigham COVID-19 Screener. This always-on web tool allows Mass General Brigham patients who have symptoms of COVID-19 – or who are concerned about exposure to COVID-19 – to walk through a few automated online questions. At the end of the brief assessment, patients will be directed to next steps based on their health status.
- Launch a video visit with an urgent care provider at Mass General Brigham Virtual Urgent Care. Available 7am to 11pm, 7 days a week, Virtual Urgent Care is suggested for those who have symptoms of COVID-19 and/or have underlying conditions that may put them at greater risk. A doctor or advanced practitioner will conduct an intake assessment via a secure video visit and recommend next steps. Note that this service is only available to established Mass General Brigham patients in Massachusetts.
Patient Gateway Updates
The Patient Gateway website and mobile app has a new look and feel. You will continue to have access to all currently available features — and can expect the following new features:
- Link your Mass General Brigham health records from organizations outside Mass General Brigham.
- You may be able to access your health information from a non-Mass General Brigham provider if he or she is using the same electronic health record vendor (known as Epic).
Release of Information - A New Way to Request Your Medical Records
You will receive notification through Patient Gateway when your provider adopts the new functionality that allows you to request your medical records online. As always, you will continue to be able to request your records by filling out a form provided by your hospital or provider.
Health Records on iPhone
Do you want to see parts of your current medical record in a smartphone app and combine Brigham information with that from other healthcare providers? You can now do so with several third-party apps on your iPhone or Android device.
iPhone users can now use the Apple Health app to access and view key parts of their current health records from multiple healthcare providers organized into one view. The Apple Health app makes it easy for users to visualize their allergies, conditions, immunizations, labs, medications, procedures and vitals, and also provides notifications when new records are ready to view. To begin, open the Apple Health app, navigate to Health Records, select the institutions from which you wish to download your data, and follow instructions. For details about health records on iPhone, read more here.
Related Patient Links