1. Design and production of nutrient-controlled diets provided through our inpatient and outpatient metabolic kitchen facilities. Diets are calculated to meet specific nutrient levels defined by the research protocol and can be controlled for macronutrients (carbohydrate, protein, fat) and/or micronutrients (sodium, potassium, magnesium, etc.), or other study specifications.
2. Collection and analysis of nutrient intake data. Using food intake records, diet histories and food frequency questionnaires, nutrient intake data can be collected and analyzed via computer software (NDSR). Dietitians will assist investigators in the selection of the appropriate tool for their specific aim.
3. Nutrition counseling
4. Anthropometric measurements
5. Indirect Calorimetry: Two Viasys VMAX 29 indirect calorimetry machines are available for protocol studies. Scheduling the machine must be done through nutrition services.
6. Bioelectrical Impedance: Two RJL BIA machines are available for CCI-approved studies.
7. Off site services: Dietitian/staff services are available for offsite investigators in assisting with study design, various nutrition data collection methodologies and interventions, and study staff training. Study requirements and logistics should be discussed with the dietitian manager.