Research Administration at Brigham and Women’s Hospital supports all its outstanding investigators involved in research and helps manage their research activities. Several resources have been compiled at BWH and Mass General Brigham to serve those engaged in all aspects of sponsored research. Researchers and Research Administrators at BWH may find information on the BWH-BRI Research Intranet.
The following pages compiled by Mass General Brigham systems and Brigham and Women’s Hospital provide more information on some of the administrative departments supporting the research enterprise.
General inquiries about BWH Research Administration may be directed to Allison Moriarty, at email@example.com.
- BWH Research Administration Staff listing: A directory of Research Administration, Research Finance, and Grants and Contracts Staff as well as their assignments within the department.
- Center for Clinical Investigation (CCI): CCI serves as a resource for clinical investigators by providing a full range of educational events and clinical research services. Through the Center for Clinical Investigation, researchers may select the services they require based on their particular study needs.
- Mass General Brigham Research Cores: A directory of shared, interdepartmental facilities that promote collaboration, leverage resources and methodologies, and share expertise amongst investigators.
- Mass General Brigham Innovation: MGB Innovation supports investigators in their efforts to commercialize scientific discoveries.
- Mass General Brigham Human Research Committee: The Human Research Committee is the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of Mass General Brigham on behalf of the BWH and MGH and approves all human-subject research conducted by a Mass General Brigham-affiliated investigator.
- Mass General Brigham Research Computing: Supports the research community's computer needs. Includes hardware support, research enterprise applications development and support, and offers specialized computer services for research projects.
- Research Information Computing Systems (RICS): RICS is a set of support services focused specifically on the research community at BWH. RICS supports a wide range of hardware and software not compatible on the clinical workstations.