The Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) provides excellence in care for patients with ear, nose and throat (ENT) conditions and disorders. Our otolaryngologists are recognized as among the most experienced and are experts in the field.
Under the leadership of the division chief Ravindra Uppaluri, MD, PhD, our board-certified specialists provide personalized care for a wide spectrum of diseases and conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat. We are key collaborators on the team for head and neck cancers at the Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center.
Our patient-centered philosophy of care integrates a multidisciplinary team of BWH specialists, referring physicians with the patient and family members. Care is tailored to each patient and includes the latest medical techniques and surgical treatment, including minimally invasive approaches that often result in less pain and shortened hospital stays. We consider every aspect of the patient experience — diagnosis, treatment and recovery — with compassionate attention.
Why Brigham and Women’s Hospital for Otolaryngology Care?
- Surgical excellence for the full spectrum of ear, nose and throat (ENT) conditions, from the common to complex.
- Otolaryngologists with years of advanced training, clinical experience and scientific research in specialty areas including cancers affecting the ear, nose and throat.
- Exceptional proficiency in revising prior surgeries of the ear, nose and throat to improve patient outcomes.
- Balanced approach between surgical and medical treatment centered on evidence-based approach to patient care.
- Wide experience treating swallowing disorders including Zenker’s diverticulum.
- Office-based treatment for nasal and sinus procedures including minimally invasive procedures.
- Functional endoscopic surgery (FESS) for sinus conditions.
- Expertise in treatment and care of the voice including laryngeal surgery with laser technology and voice assessments and therapy for performers and public speakers.
- Part of an elite group of hospitals nationwide using transoral robotic surgery (TORS), a minimally invasive approach for patients with benign throat tumors and early-stage throat cancer.
- Hearing Technology Center, staffed by certified audiologists, offering a full range of hearing products including the latest digital technology.
- Participants on a multidisciplinary surgical team performing the first full face transplant in the United States in 2011.
- Nationally recognized board-certified otolaryngologists who are on the faculty of Harvard Medical School.
- Training the next generation of otolaryngologists through the Harvard Residency Program in Otolaryngology, an affiliation between Brigham and Women's Hospital, Mass Eye and Ear and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Key contributors to the advancement of otolaryngology practice through research and development of the widely used clinical criteria for diagnosing chronic sinusitis, treatment protocols for sinusitis and for vertigo.
- Collaborative team approach combining expert otolaryngologists with specialists from surgery, neurology, medical and radiation oncology, radiology, pathology, anesthesiology and more.
- Patient coordinators providing seamless appointment access and patient information.
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Appointments and Locations
Learn more about disorders of the ear, nose and throat, tests and treatment in our health library.
Visit the Kessler Health Education Library in the Bretholtz Center to access computers and knowledgeable staff.
Access a complete directory of patient and family services.