At Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center (DF/BWCC), our team of experts works together to provide compassionate, comprehensive, and highly coordinated care for patients with colon cancer. Our specialists at the Colon and Rectal Cancer Center are world leaders in the field who create personalized treatment strategies based on extensive experience, as well as laboratory translational research.
We offer our patients targeted therapies, clinical trials, advanced surgical procedures, and the full range of nutritional and other support services, from a top-ranked hospital and leading cancer research center.
Exceptional Care for Patients with Colon Cancer
- One of the most experienced cancer teams in the nation.
- One of the country's busiest centers focused on gastrointestinal cancer.
- A highly specialized treatment center, where we focus on the distinct needs of adults with colon cancer.
- The full expertise of two world-class medical centers – Brigham and Women's Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Timely appointments, including next-day appointments in Boston, if desired.
- Expertise in diagnosing and treating even the most complex cases requiring multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Treatment based on personalized genetic testing and our current research.
- A treatment plan developed by a multidisciplinary team that works closely together to ensure that every approach is considered.
- Access to clinical trials for early-stage and metastatic colon cancer, as well as for survivors of colon cancer.
- Physician-scientists leading international studies of drugs that target the genetic drivers of colon cancer.
We Treat You, Not Just Your Cancer
We understand that cancer treatment can be challenging, both physically and emotionally. Our patients and their families have access to our full range of support services, including social work, nutrition counseling, rehabilitation and physical therapy, support groups, plus integrative therapies such as exercise classes, acupuncture, and massage. Our entire team is here to support you throughout treatment and during recovery.
Next: About Colon Cancer