At Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we have received many awards that illustrate our hospital’s commitment to quality and safety. Some of our most recent awards include:
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) has once again earned a spot on the U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of America's Best Hospitals for the 24th consecutive year, ranking 13th in 2016. Twelve BWH specialties achieved rankings, including: Cancer, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Gynecology, Nephrology, Pulmonary, Rheumatology, Diabetes and Endocrine Disorders, Geriatric Care, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Urology and Orthopedics.
- CareChex, a hospital and health care quality rating system, has honored BWH with a 2015 CareChex® Quality Award for being ranked #1 in the Region for Medical Excellence or Patient Safety in one or more clinical categories. Recognition is given to hospitals and health systems that rank within the top 10 percent nationwide based on medical excellence, patient safety or patient satisfaction.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital received a 2014 Outstanding Patient Experience Award from Healthgrades, a leading independent health care ratings company. The award recognizes hospitals as leaders in patient experience based on responses from the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey, which focuses on doctor and nurse communication, hospital cleanliness and noise levels, and medication and post-discharge instructions.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital was named to Harvard Pilgrim's Hospital Honor Roll for 2015. The Honor Roll recognizes adult, acute care hospitals whose performance was among the top 25 percent of those measured nationally on a set of composite quality and patient experience measures, as reported by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on Hospital Compare, and Leapfrog patient safety measures.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital was awarded the American Heart Association/AmericanStroke Association's Get With The Guidelines Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award in 2014. The award recognizes BWH's commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients, according to evidence-based guidelines. To receive the award, BWH achieved an 85% or higher adherence to all Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Performance Achievement indicators for two or more consecutive 12-month intervals and achieved 75% or higher compliance with 6 of 10 Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Quality Measures, which are reporting initiatives to measure quality of care.
This page was last modified on 8/11/2016