The Department of Quality and Safety constantly strives to improve quality, safety, patient experience and efficiency at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and to provide the hospital with the support and information needed to enhance the care we provide to our patients.
The Department of Quality and Safety is comprised of these groups:
- Quality Team is responsible for collecting, reporting, and analyzing all quality data throughout the hospital to improve the quality of the care provided. The Quality group shares our data with many external health care quality organizations, such as the Joint Commission, the Leapfrog Group, the MassHealth Quality Exchange and The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS),
- Safety Team members have expertise in applying patient safety concepts that incorporate human factors and systems-based solutions to reducing medical errors. The team strives to reduce preventable patient harm by fostering a culture in which all employees feel responsible for patient safety and continually seek opportunities to reduce risks.
The Department of Quality and Safety teams also collaborate with the following BWH Centers to improve health care quality and safety:
- Center of Excellence for Patient Safety Research and Practice
- Center for Surgery and Public Health
- Center for Nursing Excellence
- Department of Analysis, Planning and Performance Improvement (APPI)
This page was last modified on 12/1/2015