Contact the Endoscopy Center
To request an appointment, or to receive more information about the Center, please contact us at:
Phone: (617) 732-7426
The Endoscopy Center at Brigham and Women’s Hospital
The Endoscopy Center at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH), led by Medical Director John Saltzman, MD, offers inpatient evaluations, outpatient evaluations and treatments for disorders of the esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon and the biliary/pancreatic system. The program’s world-class reputation is evidenced by its status as one of only 17 endoscopy programs in the world to be named as a Center of Excellence by the World Organization of Digestive Endoscopy.
Conditions Treated at the Endoscopy Center
We treat a variety of conditions, including:
- adult cystic fibrosis
- Barrett's esophagus
- constipation and fecal incontinence
- diseases of the pancreas, including acute and chronic pancreatitis, hereditary pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer and pancreatic cysts
- esophageal bleeding
- esophageal cancer
- esophageal strictures
- gastrointestinal cancer (colon, rectum, anus, stomach, small bowel, biliary/pancreatic, ampullary)
- gastrointestinal ulcers and bleeding
- heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- hepatobiliary disease, including evaluations for liver transplant and postoperative care
- inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- non-cardiac chest pain
- post-bypass complications, including weight re-gain and ulcerations.
- swallowing disorders
*Visit our Endoscopy Prep Instructions page for detailed information on how to prepare for an endoscopic treatment.
- John Saltzman, MD, Medical Director
- Scott Snapper, MD, PhD
- Sapna Syngal, MD, MPH
- Christopher Thompson, MD, MHES
- Anne Travis, MD, MSc
- Zhenglun Zhu, MD
Endoscopy Center at BWH Locations
The Center features two convenient locations – one at our main campus at 75 Francis Street in Boston and one at Brigham and Women's Ambulatory Care Center at 850 Boylston Street in Chestnut Hill. Our 850 Boylston Street location offers complimentary parking for our patients and visitors.
To access any of our state-of-the-art services, please call the Endoscopy Center at (617) 732-7426.
Send Feedback to: Shannon Lemieux
This page was last modified on 1/27/2014