Learn more about Boston's Neurology Services and Expertise at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
View More Info »
For patients seeking Boston neurology or Boston neurosurgery services, Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) provides world-class neurology and neurosurgical services in a state-of-the-art facility. The BWH Department of Neurology offers comprehensive neurology care for patients from Boston, New England, the U.S. and around the world.
Learn more about neurology at BWH's Boston area locations.
BWH: comprehensive neurology services in the Boston area.
Find A Doctor »
From inpatient and outpatient evaluation to diagnostic testing and care for the critically ill, BWH's neurology department provides comprehensive clinical services. The BWH Department of Neurology integrates a diverse array of specialized services, offering patients all the neurology care they require in multiple locations throughout the community for greater safety, satisfaction and convenience. The BWH Boston neurology campus partners with Faulkner Hospital in Jamaica Plain and with Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center in Foxborough and South Shore Hospital in Weymouth to offer state-of-the-art facilities and the largest neuroscience intensive care unit in the New England region.
BWH is also the site of the Partners Multiple Sclerosis Center, providing comprehensive multiple sclerosis treatment, counseling and multiple sclerosis therapy including infusion therapies in clinical facilities specifically designed for the needs of MS patients.
At the main Brigham and Women's Hospital campus, we offer a dedicated Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology Center that includes an interdisciplinary care team of behavioral neurologists, neuropsychiatrists, and social workers that focus on the diagnosis and treatment of patients (and their families) with Alzheimers disease, dementia, and other cognitive issues. In addition, patients can enroll in clinical trials aimed at finding new treatments and ultimately a cure for these difficult diseases.
To schedule an appointment with a Boston neurology specialist or a physician in one of BWH's other neurology locations, call BWH Teleservices at 1-800-294-9999, between 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or fill out an online request form.
Services at BWH neurology include:
- Cognitive and behavioral neurology, treating patients with problems due to disorders such as autism, Alzheimer's disease or dementia or resulting from brain injuries, brain tumors, or diseases affecting brain function.
- Epilepsy treatment, including a full range of medical and surgical care.
- Movement disorder treatment for patients with a broad range of problems including Parkinson's disease treatment.
- Headache clinical care, research and treatment.
- Neuromuscular service, providing diagnosis and management of a wide variety of complex muscle and motor neuron disorders from muscular dystrophy to ALS (known as Lou Gehrig's disease) to carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Neurological ICU services.
- Neuro-opthamology treatment for disorders involving the visual pathways and eye movements.
- Sports neurology and concussion treatment.
- Performing arts neurological clinic for musicians with performance-related injuries and disorders.
- Stroke treatment and cerebrovascular care for patients with acute stroke and other critical neurological conditions.
- Women's neurology program , researching how hormonal and reproductive changes throughout a woman's lifespan may impact neurological health and disease.
- Multiple sclerosis and other neuroimmunology treatment.
Neurology research at the Boston campus
Researchers at the Department of Neurology at Brigham and Women's Hospital Boston campus are engaged in multidisciplinary research to better understand and treat certain chronic, unsolved neurological diseases like multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, and others.
Learn more about BWH's Boston neurology department, as well as services available in Jamaica Plain, Foxborough and Weymouth.
Click here for information about BWH neurosurgery, or to find a Boston neurosurgeon.
Learn more about Boston's Neurology Services and Expertise at Brigham and Women's Hospital. »