Take a look at the following videos to get an inside look of what happens during robotic surgery and to hear testimonials from Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) patients who have benefited from robotic surgery.
- Robotic Trachelectomy – This surgical video illustrates the use of the da Vinci robotic system to remove a cervical stump that had developed symptomatic adenomyosis (growth of endometrial tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus).
- Giant Myomectomy with Hybrid Robotic Technique – This surgical video shows a hybrid laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy technique for large myomata that was pioneered at Brigham and Women's Hospital in 2007
- Hybrid Laparoscopic and Robotic Myomectomy - This surgical video shows a similar hybrid laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy procedure for removing a large myomata (uterine fibroid).
- Robotic Myomectomy: The Latest Tool in Fertility-Enhancing Surgery – This video features a patient who had a robotic myomectomy performed at BWH by Antonio Rosario Gargiulo, MD.
- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Myomectomy after Uterine Fibroid Embolization for Removal of a Cervical Myoma – This video, presented at an annual meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, describes in detail the safe robotic excision of a large cervical myoma following temporary occlusion of the uterine arteries. The video exemplifies the high level of technical skills achieved by our robotic team and the successful teamwork with the BWH Interventional Radiology Center.
- Robot-Assisted Tubal Reanastomosis: Evolution of the Technique at Brigham and Women’s Hospital – This video, presented at an annual meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, describes the adoption of laparoscopy for microsurgical reversal of tubal sterilization at BWH, starting with conventional laparoscopy in 1999 and proceeding to robot-assisted laparoscopy by 2006.
- Conventional Laparoscopic Myomectomy with Robotic Reconstruction: A Safe Hybrid Procedure for Large Myomata – To get a sense of the clarity and magnification provided by the robotic camera and the nimble movements enabled by the robotic arms, watch the following video, narrated by Antonio Rosario Gargiulo, MD, featuring detailed footage of a myomectomy performed by Dr. Gargiulo and Serene Srouji, MD.
- Robotic Adenomyomectomy - This surgical video shows detailed footage of an adenomyomectomy performed at BWH. The procedure involves the theremoval of endometriosisfrom the uterus and the subsequent reconstruction ofthe uterine wall.
- Myomectomy and Radical Hysterectomy with Robotic Assistance – See and hear BWH patients’ experiences with robot-assisted myomectomy and hysterectomy, from their consideration of the surgery to their recovery, as well as interviews with Antonio Rosario Gargiulo, MD, Serene Srouji, MD, and Colleen Feltmate, MD.
- Robotic-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy Video – In this surgical video, Dr. Adam Kibel, Chief of Urology at Brigham and Women's Hospital, demonstrates a robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy, the surgical removal of the prostate to treat prostate cancer.
- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy Video - In this surgical video, Dr. Adam Kibel, Chief of Urology at Brigham and Women's Hospital, demonstrates a robotic-assisted partial nephrectomy, the surgical removal of a portion of a kidney.
- Robotic distal pancreatectomy - In this surgical video, pancreatic surgeon Thomas E. Clancy, MD, demonstrates removal of a tumor found in the body and tail of the pancreas using the DaVinci robotic surgical system. He also discusses the indications for pancreatectomy and the management of pancreatic cysts.
This page was last modified on 8/16/2013