We are a full service academic department committed to the integrated delivery of exceptional clinical care consistent with the research and educational goals of Harvard Medical School.
We are committed to excellence in patient care without discrimination, education of leaders in surgery and its subspecialties, and the support, nurturing and maintenance of research through the collaborative efforts of our faculty, residents, fellows, students and staff.
The Department of Surgery offers a wide range of high-quality services to its referring physicians and their patients. The divisions' specialty centers, services and programs provide diagnostic procedures and surgical therapies using state-of-the-art techniques.
Department of Surgery Divisions
Surgical Programs and Centers
- Center for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Comprehensive Breast Health Center
- International Mesothelioma Program
- Thryoid Center
Patients seeking information about the hospital, or wishing to schedule an appointment with a BWH physician should call the Patient Referral Service number at 1-800-BWH-9999 (1-800-294-9999). You can also access our surgeons via the web, using the Partners Online Specialty Consultation feature.
The Department of Surgery at Brigham & Women's Hospital strives to set the standard of excellence in surgical patient care, education, and research.
- Providing high quality, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, and cost-effective clinical care
- Becoming a national leader in clinical, basic science, and translational research
- Training the next generation of surgeons and surgical leaders
- Securing the internal and external resources necessary to support these tripartite goals
This page was last modified on 7/17/2014