Nutrition Resources for Before and After Surgery
You will meet with a registered dietitian several times before and after surgery. Our team of dietitians specializes in bariatric nutrition and is available to support you in person, over the phone, and through Patient Gateway. The dietitian phone line is open during office hours at 617-732-8884.
All patients will start a pre-operative diet two weeks before surgery. If you have diabetes and take oral medications and/or insulin, you may need to use the pre-operative diet for patients with diabetes.
Post-operative Diet Guidelines
- Gastric Bypass & Sleeve Gastrectomy Diet Guidelines
- Gastric Banding Diet Guidelines
- Stage 2 Ideas - See Protein Shake section below
- Stage 3A Meal Ideas
- Stage 3B Meal Ideas
- Stage 4 Meal Ideas
- Snack / Mini-Meal Ideas
- Veggie Burger Nutrition Guidelines
- Protein-based Breakfast Ideas
- Greek Yogurt Guidelines
Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
- Vitamin and Mineral Shopping Guide - For Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Meeting Calcium Goals through Diet and Supplements
Vitamin and Mineral Shopping Guide - For Gastric Band
- Protein Shake Shopping Guide
- Make Your Protein Shakes Taste Better
Alternative Protein Shakes - Shakes with No Artificial Sweeteners, Vegan, Gluten-Free, etc.
- Bariatric Surgery Resources - Smart Phone Apps, Portion Size Tools, Pedometers, and More!
- Feeding Tips for Parents and Child Caretakers
- 1000 Calorie Tracker
- 1200 Calorie Tracker
- Nutrition Frequently Asked Questions
This page was last modified on 4/4/2017