Breast reconstruction is achieved through several different plastic surgery techniques that attempt to restore a breast to near normal shape, appearance, and size following a breast cancer diagnosis and mastectomy. Reconstructive surgery is generally covered by most health insurance policies, although coverage for specific procedures and levels of coverage may vary greatly.
Our surgeons also perform procedures to achieve symmetry when breasts are not equal in size and shape. This can help ensure that you look and feel your best.
Why Choose Brigham and Women’s for reconstructive breast surgery?
- Experience – We perform various types of breast reconstruction procedures on more than 500 patients per year.
- Expertise - Boston Magazine has rated our physicians among Boston’s top doctors for plastic surgery.
- Convenience – We have four locations in the Greater Boston area.
Schedule a consult with one of our cosmetic surgeons to see how we can help you.
- Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy
- Breast Implants After A Mastectomy
- DIEP Flap Reconstruction
- TRAM Flap Reconstruction
- LAT Flap Reconstruction
- SGAP Flap Reconstruction
- PAP Flap Reconstruction
- TUG/DUG Flap Reconstruction
- Innervated Flap Reconstruction
- Asymmetry/Underdevelopment of the Breast
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Augmentation
- Scar Revision
- Frequently Asked Questions
This page was last modified on 10/1/2015