The International Program at Brigham and Women’s Hospital is a complete service for patients visiting the hospital from countries outside the United States. International Program staff – including physicians, administrators, interpreters, and international care liaisons – coordinate all aspects of each international patient’s visit to the hospital. From managing medical consultations and hospital admissions to travel and hotel arrangements, our staff are committed to making international patients and their families feel comfortable during their stay.
The International Program at Brigham and Women’s Hospital provides:
- Assistance with hospital admission;
- Coordination of all patient appointments with Brigham and Women’s Hospital specialists for consultation, diagnosis, and medical procedures;
- Executive medical examinations;
- Facilitation of second opinions and telemedicine consultations;
- Advance financial and billing arrangements, including detailed estimates and consolidation of invoices from various care providers;
- Appointments for family members who request routine and preventive medical care;
- Advice and assistance with home care services.
Our exceptional medical expertise is matched by our commitment to personalized care. From our patients’ initial inquiries through their follow-up medical care back home, our liaisons act as a single point of contact to assist patients throughout their stay.
Our liaisons can arrange for the following services:
- Interpretation services in 30 languages;
- Transportation, including airport pickup and ground or air ambulance;
- Hotel or long-term lodging arrangements for patients and their families;
- Personal escorts to appointments and specialized procedures;
- Private duty nurses or nurse assistants;
- Special meals honoring dietary requirements;
- Arrangements for special cultural or religious needs;
- VIP concierge services for shopping, dining, sightseeing, and special Boston-area events.
Our international care liaisons serve embassies, consulates, foreign governments, insurers, and individual patients around the world.
Coordinating Medical Care
Board-certified internists in the Center for International Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital are dedicated to overseeing care for each international patient. These physicians also coordinate treatment and are available for questions or concerns after the patient’s discharge.
The Shapiro Tower Pavilion and The Shapiro Cardiovascular Center Pavilion are an option for patients seeking first-class accommodations while they receive medical care at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. With spacious, private rooms, and luxurious amenities, the Shapiro Pavilion provides the comfort and convenience found at most fine hotels – alongside the latest medical equipment to deliver advanced care.
The Executive Health Program is designed to help busy executives and VIPs manage their most important asset – their health. Using a streamlined approach to world-class health care, the Executive Health Program delivers a core preventive health care service in one day.
Patients with the Executive Health Program receive a complete physical examination and one-on-one consultation with a board-certified internist, as well as basic diagnostic studies and tests, to provide a comprehensive evaluation of their health status.
For more information, contact:
75 Francis Street
Boston, MA 02115
This page was last modified on 3/5/2013