If you are having surgery or a procedure you will be scheduled for a visit to the Roberta and Stephen R. Weiner Center for Preoperative Evaluation or a preoperative phone assessment, as instructed by your doctor. Learn more about the BWH preoperative evaluation process.
Items to Bring From Home
To avoid losing any important belongings during your hospital stay, please bring only the essentials, such as
- A list of your current medications
- Nightclothes, bathrobe and slippers
- Books or magazines
- Insurance cards
- A copy of your advance directives (living will/health care proxy)
- A small amount of money for newspapers and other incidentals
You will receive an admission kit that contains a toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, soap, body lotion, a denture container, mouthwash, and a patient belonging bag for your items as you make your way through the hospital during your stay.
- The hospital cannot be responsible for your personal belongings.
- Please label eyeglasses, hearing aid cases or similar items with your name.
- It is important that you leave large amounts of cash, all jewelry, all charge cards, checkbooks, personal papers and other personal valuables at home.
- Bring only the medications that your doctor instructs you to bring.
For more information, download our Guide to Your Hospital Stay.
The staff at the Sharf Admitting Center will routinely confirm your insurance coverage and financial arrangements for your hospital stay in advance of your admission. For more information about financial arrangements, visit our Billing and Insurance section.
This page was last modified on 1/21/2016