To avoid losing any important belongings during your hospital stay, please bring only the essentials, such as:
- a list of your current medications;
- toiletries, such as toothpaste, toothbrush, lotion, deodorant, shaving cream, razor, comb, denture cup, shampoo, mouthwash; (please note: If you are unable or forget to bring these items, we will have them available for you as needed.)
- nightclothes, bathrobe and slippers;
- books or magazines;
- insurance cards;
- a copy of your advance directives (living will/health care proxy);
- a small amount of money for newspapers and other incidentals.
You will receive a patient belonging bag for your items as you make your way through the hospital during your stay.
- The hospital cannot be responsible for your personal belongings.
- Please label eyeglasses, hearing aid cases or similar items with your name.
- It is important that you leave large amounts of cash, all jewelry, all charge cards, checkbooks, personal papers and other personal valuables at home.
- Bring only the medications that your doctor instructs you to bring.
- BWH is a fragrance-free environment.
This page was last modified on 11/5/2015