Communication & Public Affairs
321 Columbus Avenue, 5th Floor
Boston, MA, 02116
Phone: (617) 525-6370
Fax: (617) 525-6382
Page: (617) 732-6660 and ask to page the Communication & Public Affairs representative on call
The Department of Communication & Public Affairs is staffed from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Members of the media who require assistance after hours, on the weekends or holidays should contact a representative from Communication & Public Affairs through the hospital's 24-hour paging service at (617) 732-6660 and ask for the media relations person on call.
The BWH Communication & Public Affairs office hosts several interns each semester and during the summer with a range of opportunities in media relations, internal communications, multimedia and graphic design. If you have an interest in participating in our dynamic volunteer internship program, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager, Media Relations
Senior Social Media Engagement Specialist
Media Relations and Social Media Associate
Manager, Internal Communications
Communication Specialist, Nursing and Patient Care Services
Multimedia & Web Specialist
Please note: BWH Communication & Public Affairs staff must escort all broadcast media and photographers while on the BWH campus. Please contact us to arrange all video graphic and photographic shoots.
BWH's Department of Communication & Public Affairs oversees media relations and internal communications.
• Responding to hundreds of media inquiries each year from local, national and international media outlets that seek information on our groundbreaking research, medical milestones and expert opinions on a broad range of healthcare topics.
• Producing videos with Brigham and Women’s Hospital experts for the media and the News section of the BWH Internet.
• Providing on-campus TV studio facilities to the broadcast news media for live or live-to-tape interviews of BWH faculty and experts, administrators and staff. The BWH TV Studio is fully equipped with professional studio lighting and a state-of-the-art television camera.
• Producing publications.
• Managing BWH Community Connects, the digital signage located across the distributed campus.
• Overseeing the News section on www.brighamandwomens.org and developing and delivering other electronic, video and Web-based communications.
• Managing PikeNotes, the BWH intranet, for more than 15,000 employees and medical and research staff.
This page was last modified on 2/1/2016