Department of Communication & Public Affairs
321 Columbus Avenue, 5th Floor
Boston, MA, 02116
Phone: (617) 534-1600
Page: 617-732-6660 and ask to page the Communication & Public Affairs representative on call
The Department of Communication & Public Affairs is staffed from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Members of the media who require assistance after hours, on the weekends or holidays should contact a representative from Communication & Public Affairs through the hospital's 24-hour paging service at (617) 732-6660 and ask for the media relations person on call.
Senior Vice President of Communication & Public Affairs
Director of Communication & Public Affairs
Manager, Media Relations
Senior Media Relations Specialist
Media Relations and Social Media Specialist
Manager, Internal Communications
Senior Communication Specialist
Web Communications Coordinator
Senior Research Communications Specialist
Please note: BWH Communication & Public Affairs staff must escort all broadcast media and photographers while on the BWH campus. Please contact us to arrange all video graphic and photographic shoots.
BWH's Department of Communication & Public Affairs oversees media relations and internal communications.
• Responding to hundreds of media inquiries each year from local, national and international media outlets that seek information on our groundbreaking research, medical milestones and expert opinions on a broad range of healthcare topics.
• Producing videos with Brigham and Women’s Hospital experts for the media and the News section of the BWH Internet.
• Providing on-campus TV studio facilities to the broadcast news media for live or live-to-tape interviews of BWH faculty and experts, administrators and staff. The BWH TV Studio is fully equipped with professional studio lighting and a state-of-the-art television camera.
• Producing publications.
• Managing BWH Community Connects, the digital signage located across the distributed campus.
• Overseeing the News section on www.brighamandwomens.org and developing and delivering other electronic, video and Web-based communications.
• Managing Brigham and Women’s Hospital News social networking sites on Facebook and Twitter.
• Managing PikeNotes, the BWH intranet, for more than 15,000 employees and medical and research staff.
Send Feedback to: BWH Media Relations
This page was last modified on 1/7/2013