In addition to scientific resources and research core facilities, the research community at Brigham and Women’s Hospital is supported by numerous administrative offices. From career advancement strategies to the how-tos of patent protection, the following administrative offices are available to guide our scientific investigators with their current research and professional development.
- Brigham Research Institute (BRI): Accelerates the pace of scientific discovery by fostering groundbreaking, interdepartmental and interdisciplinary research through its nine disease-focused research centers and five resource- and technology-based programs.
- BWH Safety and Environmental Compliance Office: (BWH/PHS Employees Only) The primary function of the Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) Office is to assist in the safe operation of all aspects of BWH.
- BWH Radiation Safety: Provides resources such as forms, applications and procedures that are needed by BWH staff and physicians to comply with BWH policies and state regulations. The Office of Health Physics also provides staff with training, equipment requests, and other items.
- BWH Research Administration: Supports all investigators involved in research and helps manage their research activities.
- BWH Research Cores: A directory of shared, interdepartmental facilities that promote collaboration, leverage resources and methodologies, and share expertise amongst investigators.
- Center for Clinical Investigation (CCI), in partnership with Harvard Catalyst Clinical and Translational Science Center: CCI serves as a resource for clinical investigators by providing a full range of educational events and clinical research services. Through the Center for Clinical Investigation, researchers may select the services they require based on their particular study needs.
- Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (CFDD): Provides comprehensive strategies and support for career advancement and professional development of all faculty and fellows at BWH.
- Partners Clinical Research Office (PCRO): PCRO is responsible for developing, negotiating and executing agreements and budgets for industry-sponsored clinical research.
- Partners Human Research Committee (PHRC): PHRC is the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of Partners HealthCare on behalf of the BWH and MGH and approves all human-subject research conducted by a Partners-affiliated investigator.
- Partners Office for International Staff, Scholars & Students (PIO): Provides immigration services to all professional, international staff, processes all non-immigrant staff, scholar and student visas (including J-1, J-2, H-1B, TN, O-1, F-1 and B-1/B-2 visas), and advises both the individual and the hiring department on initiating and extending the stay of international researchers and other professional staff.
- Partners Research Computing: Supports the research community's computer needs. Includes hardware support, research enterprise applications development and support, and offers specialized computer services for research projects.
- Research Information Computing Systems (RICS): RICS is a set of support services focused specifically on the research community at BWH. RICS supports a wide range of hardware and software not compatible on the clinical workstations.
- Research Ventures and Licensing (RVL): Partners RVL supports investigators in their efforts to commercialize scientific discoveries.
Please note: this list is not inclusive.