Research Administration at Brigham and Women’s Hospital supports all its outstanding investigators involved in research and helps manage their research activities. Several resources have been compiled at BWH and Partners HealthCare to serve those engaged in all aspects of sponsored research. Researchers and Research Administrators at BWH may find information on the BWH-BRI Research Intranet.
The following pages compiled by Partners HealthCare Systems and Brigham and Women’s Hospital provide more information on some of the administrative departments supporting the research enterprise.
General inquiries about BWH Research Administration may be directed to Angela Vail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BWH Research Administration Staff listing: A directory of Research Administration, Research Finance, and Grants and Contracts Staff as well as their assignments within the department.
- Center for Clinical Investigation (CCI): CCI serves as a resource for clinical investigators by providing a full range of educational events and clinical research services. Through the Center for Clinical Investigation, researchers may select the services they require based on their particular study needs.
- Partners Research Cores: A directory of shared, interdepartmental facilities that promote collaboration, leverage resources and methodologies, and share expertise amongst investigators.
- Partners Research Ventures & Licensing (RVL): Partners RVL supports investigators in their efforts to commercialize scientific discoveries.
- Corporate Sponsored Research and Licensing (CSRL): The CSRL Office of RVL offers Licensing, Research Support, and Intellectual Property Management to researchers.
- Corporate Sponsored Clinical Research (CSCR): The CSCR Office of RVL is responsible for developing, negotiating and executing agreements and budgets for industry-sponsored clinical research.
- Partners Human Research Committee: PHRC is the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of Partners Healthcare on behalf of the BWH and MGH and approves all human-subject research conducted by a Partners-affiliated investigator.
- Partners Research Computing: Supports the research community's computer needs. Includes hardware support, research enterprise applications development and support, and offers specialized computer services for research projects.
- Research Information Computing Systems (RICS): RICS is a set of support services focused specifically on the research community at BWH. RICS supports a wide range of hardware and software not compatible on the clinical workstations.
This page was last modified on 9/18/2015