Expert Care in Fetal Medicine and Prenatal Genetics
For a wide range of inherited and fetal conditions, Brigham and Women’s Hospital provides compassionate, comprehensive testing (including prenatal genetic screenings for those with risk factors), assessment and treatment through our Center for Fetal Medicine and Prenatal Genetics. Our nationally renowned Fetal Therapy Program provides advanced services before birth, including fetal blood transfusions and some minimally invasive surgeries. After the birth, we offer expert care for your newborn and assist families whose babies need specific services. We understand that each family has personal and unique concerns. We work closely with you on each decision and every aspect of care.
Compassion and Expertise in Fetal and Newborn Medicine
- At the Center for Fetal Medicine and Prenatal Genetics, care teams include maternal-fetal medicine specialists, reproductive endocrinologists, ultrasonographers, sonologists, neonatologists, geneticists, genetic counselors, social workers and nurses.
- Our Fetal Cardiac Intervention Program, a cornerstone of our Fetal Therapy Program, is a nationally recognized leader for a growing number of heart conditions diagnosed prenatally.
- For specialized pediatric care, our specialists in high-risk pregnancy and newborn medicine collaborate with pediatricians at Boston Children’s Hospital — connected by a pedestrian bridge to Brigham and Women’s Hospital — for specialized pediatric care.
- Our team of experts offer Virtual Visits to connect with you while you stay at home. Many appointments, including an initial consult, second opinion, monitoring, or follow-up care, can effectively be held virtually so you can begin or continue your care.
- Our state-of-the-art 66-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides the most advanced technology in New England for babies born premature or sick.
- More than 200 women give birth to twins or triplets each year at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. You can count on the deep experience of the multidisciplinary team in our Comprehensive Care Center for Multiples, which is designed to ensure families expecting multiples are healthy, confident and cared for before, during and after pregnancy.
Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists are available to connect with you in person and with Virtual Visits. To request an appointment, call 617-732-5130 or submit the form below.