Leading the Way in Research
The Center for Advanced Heart Disease offers a variety of clinical trials for patients. The Center is pioneering efforts in a number of areas, including:
- Implantable hemodynamic monitors that allow patients to review and transmit cardiac information from home to physicians for adjustment of therapies.
- New therapies to improve kidney function in the setting of heart disease.
- New pharmacologic therapies to improve heart muscle structure and function.
- Percutaneous mitral valve repair and percutaneous aortic valve replacement.
- Cell therapy to repair injured heart tissue.
- Innovative screening for advanced heart disease.
- Ongoing trials for mechanical circulatory support (ventricular assist devices).
- Total artificial heart Freedom portable driver, a small console that allows patients to go home with a total cardiac function replacement while waiting for a transplant.
Because of trials like these, there now are more options available to treat advanced heart disease and failure than ever before.
For more information, contact: Kim Brooks, RN, or Susan Anello, RN, at (617) 732-7141.