The Center for Adrenal Disorders is a comprehensive center dedicated to providing exceptional care for patients with adrenal disorders and to conducting innovative research to advance the understanding of adrenal diseases and treatments. The Center is located at Brigham and Women's Hospital and operates in collaboration with Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Boston Children's Hospital to provide the optimal resources for each patient. The goals of The Center are:
- To provide exceptional care for patients with all forms of adrenal disorders, through our expertise and extensive resources.
- To improve the understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of adrenal diseases by engaging in collaborative and innovative research.
We understand the complexity and range of adrenal disorders can be large, ranging from mild hormonal imbalances to severe hormone excess, inherited genetic conditions, and benign tumors and malignant cancers. To provide exceptional care for these specialized conditions, The Center is comprised of a collection of world-class physicians, nurses, counselors, and coordinators that complement the array of adrenal disorders with outstanding experience in the field. Our institutions have dedicated experts in the full breadth of adrenal medicine, including endocrinology, surgery, oncology, genetics, radiology, radiation oncology, and pathology. Patients can expect expert consultation to evaluate:
- Diagnosis of a new adrenal disorder or adrenal hormone imbalance
- Medical management of an existing adrenal disorder
- Surgical management of an adrenal disorder
- Treatment of adrenal cancers
- Genetic testing for adrenal disorders
Our team is comprised of faculty at Harvard Medical School who are among the world leaders in adrenal medicine and research. The Center is directed by Dr. Anand Vaidya, MD MMSc. In addition to providing clinical expertise and passion for patient care, the faculty at The Center are on the forefront of conducting novel research to better understand and treat adrenal diseases.
For more information, or to schedule a visit, please call 617-732-5666.