The Division of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) provides comprehensive care for women with conditions including uterine fibroids, abnormal uterine bleeding, pelvic pain, endometriosis, pelvic organ prolapse, cervical incompetence and ovarian cysts, offering the latest minimally invasive and non-invasive options for these conditions.
Led by Jon I. Einarsson, MD, PhD, MPH, our team strives to provide a safer and more effective alternative to traditional open surgery by performing most of our procedures via laparoscopy or hysteroscopy. By avoiding the need for a large abdominal incision, our patients recover more quickly with less pain. Certain procedures can be performed in the doctor’s office without the need for general anesthesia or a hospital admission. Our physicians also collaborate with other Brigham and Women’s Hospital specialists in urogynecology, gynecologic oncology, pediatric and adolescent gynecology and reproductive endocrinology to offer comprehensive, multidisciplinary care.
Why Brigham and Women’s Hospital for Minimally-Invasive Gynecologic Surgery?
- Repeatedly named among the top hospitals in the United States for Gynecology by U.S. News & World Report® and physicians consistently ranked among Boston’s top doctors by Boston Magazine.
- Multidisciplinary, integrated approach that incorporates specialists from urogynecology, gynecologic oncology, pediatric and adolescent gynecology and reproductive endocrinology.
- BWH is a world leader in using state-of-the-art minimally invasive surgical techniques.
- Our gynecology research centers continuously study ways to improve obstetric and gynecologic care through innovative research, exploring a wide range of OB/GYN conditions including reproductive medicine, perinatal research, uterine fibroids, epidemiology, cytogenetics, genital tract biology, gynecological oncology, maternal-fetal medicine and reproductive biology.
- Actively involved in clinical research projects that are working to improve techniques and results of minimally invasive gynecological surgery, offering our patients the opportunity to participate in clinical trials.
- Our physicians also serve on the faculty of Harvard Medical School, where they train the next generation of clinicians, scientists, and clinical leaders in obstetrics and gynecology.