Center for Kidney Disease and Novel Experimental Therapeutics
Kidney-NExT’s mission is to discover personalized and targeted treatments to cure kidney disease. To achieve this, our vision is to partner with patients, physicians and the scientific community to provide NExT generation treatments today! Kidney-NExT is focused on three major areas:
We are actively building and expanding our state-of-the-art research program at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, the first of its kind focused exclusively on new treatments for glomerular kidney diseases. This includes:
- bench research aimed at discovering new therapies
- translational research aimed at propelling fundamental discoveries into pre-clinical development
- clinical trials aimed at bringing much needed new therapies to our patients
We aim to provide patient-centered, goal-oriented care, using evidence-based treatments and pioneering new therapies. We run a weekly Kidney-NExT Clinic providing specialty care for:
- the most common proteinuric kidney diseases, such as diabetic and hypertensive kidney disease
- devastating glomerular diseases such as FSGS, minimal change disease, membranous nephropathy, IgA nephropathy, lupus and inflammatory glomerulonephritis and vasculitis
- genetically-defined and rare kidney diseases.
We aim to accelerate the pace of discovery by building strong and sustained relationships with community providers, with patient advocacy groups and with the biotechnology and pharmaceutical community.