Stronger Generations is an initiative that partners with community members, patients, and a network of organizations to support pregnant and parenting people in the Boston community. We strive to improve maternal and child health through programs focused on holistic and equitable health and wellness, social support, and building opportunity.
At Stronger Generations, we uphold the following values and beliefs in each area of our work and practice. We believe that:
- Every baby deserves the healthiest start possible.
- A lifetime of health equity begins at birth.
- Health is a human right.
- Parenthood can be a positive opportunity for growth in a young person’s life.
- Social opportunity should be equitable for all people.
- Structural racism is the root cause of health and social inequities.
- There is power in collaboration among organizations, allies, institutions, and communities.
To learn more about Stronger Generations programs, check eligibility, make a referral, and/or get involved click on the program titles below, visit the Stronger Generations site, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Baby Café offers free resources for pregnant or postpartum individuals including:
- Support from Certified Lactation Counselors and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- Opportunity to weigh your baby before and after feeding
- Refreshments, comfortable seating, and open-forum discussions
- Infant feeding support – you don’t need to be exclusively breastfeeding to participate – we are here to support you with any need you may have!
- Opportunities to share experiences and make friends
- Bi-lingual/bi-cultural support (English/Spanish)
The Family Partnership Program provides participants with a Family Partner who serves as their coach beginning in the prenatal period through their child’s second birthday. Program participants receive one-on-one skills-based coaching to help them achieve personalized goals relating to holistic health and wellness, economic mobility, and workforce development. The Family Partner supports participants in navigating prenatal and postpartum care, connects them to resources, and provides family stabilization services.
The Young Parent Ambassador Program is a paid opportunity for parents under 25 years old to focus on social support, parenting skills, leadership exploration, workforce development, and coaching in support of their individualized goals. Young Parent Ambassadors are paid an hourly rate for all time spent participating in programming.
The Young Parent Success Grants Program provides funding to partnering organizations who provide services to young parents under 25. These partnerships are focused on promoting economic mobility, workforce development, and parenting skills for the young parent community.
The Annual STEPS Young Parent Summit brings young families and community agencies together in one space, providing a safe and empowering forum designed for young parents to expand their knowledge and access resources to help them accomplish their goals. This event is an opportunity to connect young parents to each other, provide supportive resources and information, and celebrate young parent success.
Our CHAT program provides resources for low-income women with breast cancer who do not have adequate income or insurance to pay for necessary services related to their breast cancer diagnosis. Eligible women may receive up to $1,200 per calendar year to help with the cost of medication, breast prostheses, bras, wigs, compression sleeves, transportation to treatment, child care during treatments and other breast cancer-related expenses.