Primary care providers have several choices when identifying a center to which to refer patients for weight loss solutions. When deciding what center may be best, we believe you should consider the following:
- Our multidisciplinary team of experts offer a wide range of weight loss treatments—ranging from physician-monitored dietary approaches to more advanced endoscopic and surgical weight loss procedures.
- All of our weight loss treatment approaches provide long-term support to optimize weight loss outcomes. We have assembled a dedicated team of dietitians, physician assistants and behavioral therapists to provide exceptional patient-focused care that prioritizes long-term success.
- Our team is committed to keeping you informed on your patient’s progress. Through our Physician Gateway service, you can monitor the status of your patients who are also receiving care from our team. This information will help you keep up‐to‐date on your patients’ status and will make the transition back into your care as smooth as possible.
- Our team has some of the highest case volume in the country and has been at the forefront of surgical and endoscopic weight loss innovation, including performing the first endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG) and endoscopic revision of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in the world.
Our team members are nationally and internationally recognized experts in the field and are responsible for teaching and training the next generation of weight loss experts. Our weight loss team includes:
- A former president of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- A former founder and chair of the Association of Bariatric Endoscopy (ABE), a division of American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Members of the American College of Surgeons Bariatric Surgery Network, which certifies Centers of Excellence in weight loss surgery nationally; diplomats of American Board of Obesity Medicine; and members of The Obesity Society
- Members of Expert Panels and Guideline Committees that set standards of care for surgical and endoscopic weight loss procedures
- NIH-funded researchers in the field and publishers of numerous articles, textbooks, chapters and videos on weight loss and weight loss procedures
- Principal Investigators for several U.S. pivotal trials for endoscopic weight loss procedures and devices that led to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval
Our surgical and endoscopic teams are also recognized with top-tier honors, from outside professionals, including:
- Accreditation through the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), which requires rigorous, on-site evaluation of all aspects of our program by outside experts in weight loss surgery to ensure our surgeons, facilities and functions meet the highest quality of care.
- Endoscopic recognition as a Center of Excellence by the World Organization of Digestive Endoscopy (one of 17 programs in the world, and the only one in the U.S.).
To Make a Referral
Physicians who area looking to refer a patient to the Center for Weight Management and Wellness can call us at 617-525-3597.
Additional Physician Resources
Physician Gateway Sign up for access and monitor your patient’s progress with our team.