Patients and their families have access to a wireless Internet connection throughout most of the main hospital campus. BWH Information Systems is broadcasting access points within the hospital, allowing users to connect to the Internet through the connection “PHSPIAGUEST.” This wireless connection will appear automatically with a wireless network card.
Please note, as a member of the Mass General Brigham System, Brigham and Women's Hospital adheres to the MGB Acceptable Use Policy. All users of our wireless Internet services must agree to and comply with the MGB Acceptable Use Policy.
Guidelines for Laptop Safety
- Always consult with the patient’s caregiver prior to plugging a laptop into an outlet.
- BWH reminds you that with any electrical device, there are risks of electrocution, battery explosion, transmission of infection or contamination, as well as risks from electrical currents while using your laptop computer.
- Never use a laptop that has a frayed or damaged power cord.
- Shut down your laptop and unplug all accessories when not in use to prevent overheating.
- Always operate your laptop on a hard surface such as a table or bed tray which will allow proper ventilation.
- Avoid soft materials between you and your laptop. Fabrics, bedding and other soft materials can block the airflow vents and cause your laptop to overheat.
- Read full list of BWH Quick Facts for Wireless Use.
Wireless access is available in these locations:
- Tower, including L1, L2 and the Cafeteria
- CWN 5 to 10
- 1 Brookline Avenue, 5th floor
- 850 Boylston Street, floors 3 to 5
- Peter Bent Brigham A Building 3rd floor
- Peter Bent Brigham B Building 2nd floor
- Peter Bent Brigham Clinics Building 2nd floor
- Emergency Department
- One Brigham Circle, 3rd and 4th floors
- Servicenter Garage 1st floor
Charging stations are available in the Kessler Library, located in the Bretholz Center for Patients, in the main lobby at the 75 Francis Street entrance.