1. Geldart A, Fessenden JD, Arons E, Mitsialis SA, Kourembanas S, Christou H. Extracellular Acidosis alters the Metabolic Phenotype and Susceptibility to Apoptosis of Pulmonary Artery Smooth Muscle Cells. Clinical and Experimental Medical Sciences, 2013; 1, no. 3,141–160.
3.Xiao Y* Christou H* Liu L, Visner G, Mitsialis SA, Kourembanas S, Liu H. Endothelial Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase Protects Against Development of Pulmonary Hypertension. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 2013 Aug 15;188(4):482-91. * co-first authors.
4. Burris HH, Van Marter LJ, McElrath TF, Tabatabai P, Litonjua AA, Weiss ST, Christou H. Vitamin D status among preterm and term infants at birth, Pediatric Research, 2013; Oct 11. doi: 10.1038/pr.2013.174. [Epub ahead of print].
5. Joung KE, Christou H, Park KH, Mantzoros CS. Cord blood levels of osteopontin as a phenotype marker of gestational age and neonatal morbidities. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013 Oct 1. doi: 10.1002/oby.20626. [Epub ahead of print].
6. Christou H, Reslan OM, Mam V, Tanbe AF, Vitali SH, Touma M, Arons E, Mitsialis SA, Kourembanas S, Khalil RA. Improved pulmonary vascular reactivity and decreased hypertrophic remodeling during nonhypercapnic acidosis in experimental pulmonary hypertension. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012 May; 302(9):L875-90.
8. Brenninkmeijer L, Kuehl C, Geldart AM, Arons E, Christou H. Heme oxygenase-1 does not mediate the effects of extracellular acidosis on vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation, migration, and susceptibility to apoptosis. J Vasc Res. 2011; 48(4):285-96.
10. Mam V, Tanbe AF, Vitali SH, Arons E, Christou HA, Khalil RA. Impaired vasoconstriction and nitric oxide-mediated relaxation in pulmonary arteries of hypoxia- and monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertensive rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010 Feb; 332(2):455-62.
11. Vitali SH, Mitsialis SA, Liang OD, Liu X, Fernandez-Gonzalez A, Christou H, Wu X, McGowan FX, Kourembanas S. Divergent cardiopulmonary actions of heme oxygenase enzymatic products in chronic hypoxia. PLoS One. 2009; 4(6):e5978.
13. Guan J, Wu X, Arons E, Christou H. The p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway is involved in the regulation of heme oxygenase-1 by acidic extracellular pH in aortic smooth muscle cells. J Cell Biochem. 2008 Dec 1; 105(5):1298-306.
14. Waisbren SE, Bowles H, Hasan T, Zou KH, Emans SJ, Goldberg C, Gould S, Levine D, Lieberman E, Loeken M, Longtine J, Nadelson C, Patenaude AF, Quinn D, Randolph AG, Solet JM, Ullrich N, Walensky R, Weitzman P, Christou H. Gender differences in research grant applications and funding outcomes for medical school faculty. J Women's Health (Larchmt). 2008 Mar; 17(2):207-14.